Friday, September 6, 2013

Juicy Fruit Secrets



Just the other day I was lying under my school desk being read a children's book by my teacher *cough cough nelson* and I got contemplating the colorful bumps that clung right above my head. At first thought I think Ew germs, Why didn’t that person just take it to the trash, its really not that far of a walk, what if I accidentally touched it. But once I have gotten past the disgust I start to imagine what that gum represents. I started to wonder about who chewed that juicy fruit. Where they are right now and what their going through, what was their mom going to yell at them for today, who would be next to tell them they cant do something, how many people would talk behind their backs today, when would their siblings get out of those nasty fatal habits, how many times would they have to act happy when inside their heartbroken, but no one takes the time to see... See what that persons struggles are because we’re all too busy thinking about ourselves. I know weird that looking at some gum got me reflecting on all that but this blog has just got me thinking more and I decided their gum they have left behind, hid away under their seats, are their secrets and emotions they have hid and kept to themselves. Trying to leave it behind with it still lingering near them, not able to get away till someone else comes and scrapes them free. Everybody needs somebody and we never know who needs us until we decide to help and be a friend. You never know somebody else's trails so leave the judging to god. All you can do is try to scrape their gum away little by little. 



Hope this isn’t too strange of a concept. 





4 comments:

  1. I really liked this. It was real and it was deep. I'm not saying it was real deep. But it was real (and deep).

    I've thought about this concept a lot, but I've never related it to chewed up gum under a desk. Brilliant.

    And the picture was a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I start to wonder who chewed that Juicy Fruit" This is one of my favorite posts. It's deep but also very practical. I loved it. #Ordinary

    ReplyDelete