Thursday, September 19, 2013

The 3rd Floor


My heart is literally crawling up my throat.

 I step into the elevator by myself. 

The thing I have been anticipating for so long, I finally force my hand to take me to the place that frightens me most of all, I licked my lips and told my heart to 

SHUT UP AND SIT DOWN FOR ONE SECOND 

as my pointer finger struggled to press that number three. 

I rose up one floor, then two, then thee.

 As I went up I tried to imagine the good things, but the hope behind my eyes was tired of imagining and wanted the real good things to come back.. The doors opened suddenly, hope got scared away and stopped imagining for good. 

Turn left, go down the long hall and take the last door on the left. 

I hate remembering how to get to that damn place. 

Im frightened and unsure if I even want to hear the outcome. 

Most of you may not understand what i’m talking about and thats fine. Just imagine the thing that scares you the most, becoming a reality. 

Maybe i’m overreacting.     Nope i’m not.  

And I wouldn't care if anyone thought I was anyways.

 here goes nothing.










 An ocean surges through my eyes and I can’t seem to calm it. 

I was right I didn’t want to hear the outcome. 

I can’t do this anymore. 

I'm not as strong as I look and i’ve been breaking down each day for quite some time now and now all thats left in me is that ocean. 


Deep and unforgiving.


Whats your 3rd floor?








sooner or later. Probably later...





1 comment:

  1. "But i'm not as strong as I look and i’ve been breaking down each day for quite some time now and now all that's left in me is that ocean."

    Yeah this line.
    comparing yourself to an ocean.
    All of it.
    Right on.

    ReplyDelete