Wednesday, December 18, 2013

trustissues





































 That blurry night months ago in the car in the drive way when I figured out all the little lies and secrets we could all hold inside was what gave me this disease

Maybe I got these trust issues some place else, like when you stuck your hand into my chest, pulled my heart out and buried it in the snow on that valentines day last february. It didn’t de-thaw til May

I don’t know how it came to be in me, 
but I don’t trust easy.

Neither do you
 Don’t deny
Trust is a struggle for everyone on the inside

Maybe you got the disease by eating a raisin cookie
expecting chocolate chips

I don’t know how it came to be in you
but you don’t trust easy 
you’ve got the disease too

This worlds been tearing at us for quite some time with its secrets and i’m giving in

I don’t trust any more because nothing can be trusted

My seams are starting to become undone and i’m unraveling at the thought of the world even trying to be honest

It doesn’t have to be a perfect place 
I just want it to be honest

Tell me the truth

Don’t cover it with flowers
and hugs 
and thats not trues 
and its fine just this onces 
and I love yous

The world whispers it’s secrets and as you grow up your hearing becomes better

the world hides lots of things from you and me
but soon enough 
we will find those secrets
we will hear those whispers
we will uncover those lies

to find what?

All I know is it left me incurable 


and I’m letting in


I just wont trust anymore
So thank you world for this disease

nothing can cure me now

7 comments:

  1. "Maybe you got the disease by eating a raisin cookie
    expecting chocolate chips"

    "Don’t cover it with flowers
    and hugs
    and thats not trues
    and its fine just this onces
    and I love yous"

    You know those posts you read and you're rather hooked on it and you can't do any task regardless of importance and you end up reading it multiple times? Yeah this was that kind of post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Maybe you got the disease by eating a raisin cookie
    expecting chocolate chips"

    "...buried it in the snow on that valentines day last february for so long that is didn’t de-thaw til May"

    WOOOOOOOOO
    wow.
    yes. Just. YES.

    i HATE raisin cookies...just wannabes, man. WANNA BEs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cookie line.

    And everything, really.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you and "Lana Del Rey" really the same person? You, Elizabeth Woolridge Grant, are so much different, in your blog, in a very good way. I believe that what you write is much more close to being the real you than what you sing. You have a great way of expressing yourself in your writing....of course, this is just my opinion. Write on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One more thing, I totally see what you are talking about. I see our world much the same way. But don't let it tear you down, stand strong with God. Just trust in God. He's the only one that I completely trust.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for randomly stalking my old blog. haha It feels good to look back and read some of these.

      Delete
    3. Hahahaha! You must be joking. But now, I want you to know how I really ended up finding your blog. To make a long story short, it involves a very important spiritual realization I had, something I needed to realize for a long time, and somehow I realized it while watching your music videos. This was totally perplexing, because honestly your videos had always been mostly depressing to me, not uplifting. So I went searching for something to help me understand how this happened. And the whole thing did not make sense, until I found and read your entire blog; because, then I knew that actually you are a very God conscious person. And this opens up spiritual connections in a very mysterious way, through the mind channels that directly connect us with God and indirectly with other spiritual people (which has nothing to do with so-called "channeling" or mediumship). The lord truly works in mysterious ways. I wish you the best. Sincerely, Jon.

      Delete